IV Meeting - From Famalicão to the World: History Education and Transgenerational Memories
In the sense that Human Rights Education is essential for the prevention of violation and to make Democracy a sustainable system, this Meeting aims to provide teachers and the general public with the necessary knowledge to understand and critically reflect on the various moments, from the 20th century to the present day and analyze the records of careful sensitivity, in a relationship with the experiences and memories of war and its consequences, which are reflected in the works of art. It also aims to foster the construction of pedagogical and didactic tools, related to curricular content, to reinforce students’ learning and identity, by integrating Local History in a national and global context.
In a line of continuity with the “Meetings: From Famalicão to the World” started in 2020, in which the relations between Local History in a national and global context have been strengthened, this “IV Meeting” aims at the dissemination and debate on matters related to Historical Education and transgenerational inheritances, as well as to scrutinize the possibility of approaching the knowledge of artistic practices in these conditions.
The Meeting in a face-to-face format will take place in two mornings and one afternoon, with plenary sessions, thus seeking to promote a space for interdisciplinary and comparative sharing and reflection through the debate around problems, approach, methodologies and research practices, with a view to the exchange between researchers and teachers.
– Promote Human Rights Education by raising awareness on this topic.
– Increase Portugal’s participation in international action to remember the Holocaust, combat antisemitism and xenophobia.
– Understand the involvement of Portuguese/Famalians in the complex phenomenon of the forced labor system established by Germany during World War II.
– Highlight the role of civil society in humanitarian aid.
– Understand how artists express themselves and what means they use to give us a glimpse of a work of art in such extreme circumstances.
– Stimulate the development of school projects related to the theme.
– Reflect on the importance of these contents for the achievement of the “Profile of Students Leaving Compulsory Education”.
-Insert local history into a national and global context.
Registration required: https://forms.gle/dBm7jdgDoKgCy2Jj8
Accredited by CFAEVNF with 13h / CCPFC/ACC-120633/23