Results CITCEM / Afrontamento University Theses Award 2019
Since 2011, CITCEM – Center for Transdisciplinary Research “Culture, Space & Memory”, in collaboration with Edições Afrontamento, has awarded the CITCEM/ AFRONTAMENTO “UNIVERSITY THESIS” PRIZE.
This award aims to distinguish the best doctoral theses presented by researchers at any Portuguese or foreign university in the year prior to its award. The Prize has as a condition that the theses have obtained the highest classification in the Universities to which they were submitted, and intends to provide greater visibility and public dissemination of the academic research developed in the scope of CITCEM.
The jury members will be responsible for assessing the various works, based on the following criteria: originality, transdisciplinarity, literary quality, and suitability of the thesis for book publication. The present edition, 2019, had the following as its jury:
– Evergton Sales Souza | Federal University of Bahia
– Fernando Bianchi-de-Aguiar | UTAD
– Francisco Pinheiro | CEIS20-University of Coimbra
– Ivone Ferreira | Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas da Universidade Nova de Lisboa
– José A. Armas Castro | University of Santiago de Compostela
– Nuno Domingos | Institute of Social Sciences, University of Lisbon
– Nuno Martins Ferreira | School of Education – Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon
– Paulo Simões Rodrigues | University of Évora
– Sara Balonas | Center for Communication and Society Studies / University of Minho
In this edition the following theses won, ex-aequo:
“The history of Portugal in 2nd cycle elementary school classes: history education between social representations and educational practices”, by Ana Isabel Dias Moreira.
“Making the landscape in the Alto Douro Vinhateiro. Challenges of a museum-territory”, by Natália Fauvrelle.