44th ACIS Conference | Call for Papers
The deadline for receiving proposals for papers or panels (with a maximum of four papers) is April 16, using the form available at https://44th-acis-conference-porto-2023.mozellosite.com/call-for-papers/
The Congress welcomes proposals within the following thematic areas, provided they focus on socio-cultural, economic and political issues and realities of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries, related primarily to Spain and/or Portugal and to transnational issues and processes related to the Iberian Peninsula within the wider Lusophone and Hispanic world. Both unidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives are welcome, and the topics listed below are not exclusive.
– Politics, Government, International Relations, EU, Nationalism, Regionalisms, Transnational Issues and Processes
– Economic, business, labor, social and welfare issues
– Cultural production in all its forms (e.g. film, television, journalism, literature, media, advertising, digital communication, and social media)
– Social and Cultural Studies (e.g., identity, gender, ethnicity, popular culture)
– Leisure, Tourism, Sports
– Contemporary History
– Language, Linguistics, Language Policy
– Education and Pedagogy
Accepted languages for submission: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Galician and Catalan.
For more information, see the Congress webpage: https://44th-acis-conference-porto-2023.mozellosite.com/home/